Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lawn Tax

The Blog Town Council is considering a Lawn Tax to be added to local property taxes. This was prompted by a combination of issues tied to the continued practice of expending resources on what many council members have declared a useless decorative item from a pervious era--the lawn: the current water shortage (see ); toxic lawn chemicals (see ); and the noise and air polution caused by weekend mowing (see )




Sure we like our lawns, but what if were growing something we could use instead--like vegetables!


2 comments:

Chuck Lund said...

Laurie,
I really like the changes. I think the layout, and the way you've set up this blog makes it very readable. Sometimes they get so "busy" that it can be a little overwhelming to me. I liked the poll too. In regards to this article, I just laid sod last summer and I love my new yard. However, I guess we could all plant lettuce. I would still have to fight the urges to mow it on Saturday mornings.

Tony Yeager said...

If I didn't have dogs I wouldn't need a lawn, but that is where they play and use the bathroom. I wouldn't want that in my garden. I like your blog it look really nice.